What a crazy week. I've been busy sourcing new stock for the store and decided to go three hours up the coast to explore new vintage. It was beautifully relaxing to spend some time to myself, reflect on my work and get my priorities in order, i also think i now know every single word to 'The XX' entire album (yes, i'm that crazy girl you can't help but laugh at because she's singing in the car but you can't hear what she's singing). I do my best thinking when i'm in the car but usually for my own safety and people driving with me it's better if i'm in the passenger seat as i'm always constantly day dreaming and not paying enough attention to the road. When i returned i had received some pretty wonderful emails and i thought i would share with you all the lovely places GPV has been featured this week.
1. A feature on the official Jeffrey Campbell blog with one of the photos i shot the other day in my new JC wedges. I honestly sent these photos in just to show how much i adored them and could never have imagined they would appear on their blog the very next morning! I'm now in talks with JC all the way from the US and will be posting new information on when and how you can buy his amazing shoes in Australia. Apparently, they love us here in Australia! More to be announced soon...
2. A feature on the Need Supply Co blog. When Ty from Jeffrey Campbell told me they had forwarded my email to Need Supply Co i didn't think anything of it... until a customer told me on twitter they had not only posted my photo but my entire email i had sent! I won't lie, it was a little awkward and i started to cringe as i started to read my own email that was now available on such a large public domain. This was the very first email of it's kind i had sent so i was worried people would think i was some self indulgent girl who writes crazy fan emails, but then i remembered why i wrote this email in the first place. I really meant every word i wrote and so it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. I'm happy, happier with my shoes and even happier that i've been featured on such amazing blogs :)
3. A double spread interview with Blitz Magazine. This magazine is published by UNSW (The university of NSW) and is available to thousands of students as it's one of the biggest universities in Sydney. I'm yet to get my hands on a copy but have heard amazing feedback from a few of my customers who actually attend UNSW and couldn't be happier people are slowly starting to recognize the store. A big thank you to my friend, Aimee, who kindly suggested Gary Pepper Vintage for the magazine.
4. A feature on the Pacsun website. Pacsun really have been incredibly kind to my store. First they chose myself to be one of 9 fashion bloggers on their 'Spring break contest' last month, sent me a beautiful care package with some goodies (i'm yet to do an outfit post with their super cute dress), and now featured one of my photos for their online style board which helps you to incorporate lace pieces. It's a photo i used for my Ebay listings so you could imagine how odd it feels to see those kinds of photos being used online!
5. A feature on Weardrobe.com for their new spring perfectly pastoral look contest. It's so strange to receive an automated email from weadrobe that lets all of their members know about their new monthly contest and seeing one of my photos as the theme. It took me about 20 seconds to actually realize it was one of my photos and even longer to notice the new banner on the top of their home page! I still need to show Luke so he can know how much i, and others, appreciate his beautiful photos. Also, did anyone else notice the beautiful Sam from Twin Cat Vintage on the front feature page? Lovin' her new purchases from Vietnam!
I also just finished interviews for a fashion magazine in Spain, a new fashion & beauty magazine launching in Australia and also a new online magazine! I'm still not used to answering questions about myself and still get stuck with the 'describe your personal style' as i think mine is just all over the place! A big thank you to Ty from Jeffrey Campbell, Chris from Need Supply Co, Camilla from Blitz magazine, Akiko from Pacsun and Weardrobe.com for not only featuring myself but also my store and providing links back to Gary Pepper Vintage. I can only hope that one day i can return the favor... Before you go, I really want you all to know how much i try to avoid posts like this now. I seem to be getting more worried by the day that my blog is starting to turn into this self indulgent, boastful blog and i'm coming across completely conceded. You would think this much attention would bring me happiness but deep down i'm actually more worried than anything. With media attention comes new customers to the store which means more bids on my items and more reason for customers to try and return something. My fears were confirmed when i received an anonymous email last night saying they love my style and read my blog and thought i was a 'pretty genuine person' but then accused me of bidding on my own items because my prices were so high! I want you all to know that i start my listings so low at $12.00 because i would honestly be happy with just that, i don't ask girls to spend so much money for my items and i'm just as shocked as you are by how much people are willing to pay for my things. But I suppose it's just something i'm going to have to learn how to cope with. Like they say, you can't win them all...