If anyone ever tells you that it's easy to run an online vintage store as well as maintaining a daily blog, they're lying. I seem to be absolutely swamped with emails this week and have a never ending list of things i want to achieve before the week is out, but then again, i say this every week so i suppose i should stop complaining and start improving my time management skills already. I'm starting to feel like my house is shrinking and the thought of having my own space is fast becoming my main priority. I'm already envisioning how large my inspiration wall will be as well as the racks and racks of beautiful vintage i could have lining each wall. Along with my love for vintage, i've always had a strong passion for interior design ever since i can remember so you can imagine how much fun my first trip to IKEA will be. But right now it's all wishful thinking until i find the perfect place, and so the search continues...
Ever since beginning Gary Pepper i feel like my priorities have changed. I never want to go out, the thought of being hungover seems like precious time wasted, i can't be away from my computer for more than a day and i'm constantly stressed about how to keep changing and improving my store and yet i've never felt so free in my entire life. Yes, people may see it as a bad thing that i'm giving up my whole life but the good thing is that i'm getting a whole new one :)))
And right now, my world has never looked so exuberant and inviting.
I've spent the past few days sending out as many parcels as i physically can and am starting to reach that point where all i seem to be doing is counting down the days until i can start working on my new collection! I have over 120 new vintage pieces that i am itching to take photos of and i just can't wait to have them all up by the end of the week. Whilst i was working these were just a few things i was missing today:
1. Watching the sky turn different shades of pink.
2. Early morning apple picking in mysterious fog.
3. My family in tasmania and my gorgeous dog, Bailey.
4. Finding cute houses that you can imagine yourself growing old in.
5. Pretty fields with pretty flowers. I also wanted to thank you all for helping me hit over 30,000 friends on facebook! I really could never have imagined it was at all possible and i appreciate everyone who has suggested Gary Pepper to their friends. I just can't wait to draw the winner to our camilla & marc giveaway! Well I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I have some exciting things planned for this week so let's pray i find the time to put them into writing for you all :))))